You can download Microsoft Office to your own Windows computer, Mac, smartphone, or tablet for free.
What you get
If you are a student or partner of a team, you can install Microsoft Office for free on up to five personal devices.
When you leave the University, your Office license will end. You will still be able to use Office in read-only mode until you buy your own right.
Office for Windows:
Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Access, OneNote, Outlook, and Skype for Business
Office for Mac:
Word, Excel, PowerPoint, OneNote, and Outlook
Office apps for iPhone, iPad, Android devices, or Windows Phone 10:
Word, Excel, PowerPoint, OneNote, Outlook, Planner, Sway, Teams, To-Do, Yammer, and much more.
The software available does not include Project, Visio, or InfoPath. If you need to use these programs on your personal device, you can use UniDesk.
Download and install Office
To download Office, you need:
- your University email address, for example, ‘firstname.lastname@example.org’
- your University password
Your University email is made up of your username, for example, ‘abc12’, followed by ‘@bath.ac.uk’. You can find your username on your library card. You cannot use your ‘email@example.com’ email address if you are a staff member.
- Go to the Office 365 Portal (office.com)
- Enter your University email, then click next
- Enter your University password and click ‘Sign in.’
- Click ‘Install Office’ on a Windows or Mac computer, or tap the individual icons if you are using a smartphone or tablet
- The software will install and ask you to log in. You must use your University email address and password again.
When you make files using Office, they will be saved on your personal hard drive. You should save University-related files to your H: drive using files bath. This means you can access them online from any other device.
Get help with Office on your device.
You can find lots of help and advice for using Office on the University of Bath – Learning pathways.