From the developers of Maya and AutoCAD comes another impressive design program. 3ds Max is a 3D graphics software designed for creating professional-quality 3D animations, renders, and models. The software is embedded with great features and a flexible toolset to help graphic designers and animators create better 3D content in less time.
3ds Max is heavily packed with features and effects for creating just about any kind of premium design on Windows. You can visualize high-quality architectural renderings, model interiors, and objects, and bring any character to life with animation and VFX.
You’re probably wondering how on earth a program like this is available for free. Well, you’re right; 3ds Max is quite an expensive program. However, if you have an immediate need for a program like this, Autodesk provides 3ds Max for free for 30 days with full features and functionality. Follow the simple instructions below and I’ll show you how to download Autodesk 3ds Max software for free.
How to Download 3ds Max on Your PC for Free
How to Uninstall 3ds Max
If your 30-day free trial is complete or you’re done with 3ds Max and wish to remove it from your PC, you can do that by following these easy steps:
- Type Add or Remove Programs in the Windows search bar and click the Enter key.
2. Search for 3ds Max in the list of installed programs. Click the Uninstall button.
3. The uninstallation wizard will open. Confirm that you want to remove the software, and it will be deleted from your computer.
If you’re looking for a similar software, check the free alternatives below.
3ds Max Overview
Autodesk 3ds Max is a unique program packed with a flexible toolset that enables artists and designers to create animations and motion graphics. 3ds Max allows you to focus more of your creative energy on actual creativity, with all the technical challenges taken care of. Although the previous version of the program, 3D Studio and 3D Studio Max, were available for macOS, the current version, 3ds Max 2022, is only compatible with Windows.
Using 3ds Max software does not require super graphic design skills, but you need to have some experience using similar software or previous versions of the application before starting. This application is heavily packed with features and effects for creating just about any kind of premium design on Windows. With the rich toolset of 3ds Max, you have complete artistic control to create massive worlds in games, visualize high-quality architectural renderings, model interiors and objects, and bring any character to life with animation and VFX.
Features of Autodesk 3ds Max
- Modeling and texturing
- Create and animate geometry in many intuitive ways with enhanced spline tools
- Create or use pre-existing procedural OSL maps with any supported renderer
- Create best-in-class procedural edge modeling details
- Create with automated retopology and mesh repair
- Apply material finishes, change texture, and edit colors
- Animation and effects
- Design realistic liquid behaviors reflecting water, oil, and lava
- Create procedural animation and character rigging with CAT and biped tools
- View animation trajectories directly in the viewport using keyframe and procedural animation tools.
- Reduce the interactions of designs with render quality
- Use the Arnold GPU Renderer to view scene changes in real-time
- Check out the near-final rendering quality of your scenes
- It also simulates real-life camera settings, including shutter speed, exposure, aperture, depth of field, etc.
- Workflow and pipeline
- It features tear-off viewports that offer you a smooth, high-quality design experience
- Drastically reduce file sizes while maintaining their original complexity
- Create your own custom workspaces
- Parametrically generated details, such as animated vehicles, are automatically populated.
- Design visualization
- Use features like lighting and textures to bring your creations to life
- Import data from anywhere, using CAD and BIM data directly
- While working, you can see and make changes in your scene in near-final rendering quality.
- Games and entertainment
- Model a place, person, or element with fast spline and poly modeling workflows
- Easily iterate and see near-final quality renders of your game assets in the viewport
- Add shading and lighting to your game assets with powerful texture baking tools
3ds Max Download Rated 4.7/5 – 268 Votes